Thank you for your interest in this year’s Housing Fair! We look forward to working with you.
In order to keep facilities in ideal condition and set clear expectations for all participants, the following guidelines have been established. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY before registering for the Housing Fair. Should you have any questions, please contact our office at (970) 491-2248.
|Important Dates and Times to Remember|
|Housing Fair||Wednesday, February 5th, 9:00am-4:00pm|
|Registration Deadline||Friday, January 24th, 5:00pm|
|All Fees Due||Friday, January 24th, 5:00pm|
|Cancellation Deadline||Monday, January 27th, 5:00pm|
|Early Set-Up Times Available||Tuesday, February 4th, 3:00pm-6:00pm|
Wednesday, February 5th, 7:30am
- Registrations received after the registration deadline are assessed a $75 late registration fee. Registrations are NOT COMPLETE until all fees are paid. Requests after this date are NOT guaranteed.
- Cancellations received up until Monday, January 27th, 5:00pm will be refunded the full amount minus a $25 processing fee. No refunds whatsoever will be given for cancellations received after this deadline.
- Your table space will be provided with two chairs, a white tablecloth, balloons, and a table sign. Additional chairs are available upon request the day of the Housing Fair.
- Requests for table location in the ballroom will be considered on a first come first served basis. Table location is NOT GUARANTEED.
- EARLY SET-UP: The ballroom will be available for early set-up for decorations at the times listed above. Any items left in the ballroom overnight are not guaranteed safe. Off-Campus Life (OCL) and the Lory Student Center (LSC) are not responsible for any items left in the ballroom.
- The Housing Fair is open from 9:00am until 4:00pm. Please check in no later than 8:30am. Vacant tables impact the overall appearance of the Housing Fair. Therefore, OCL reserves the right to remove your table after 9:00am without refund. We strongly discourage Vendors packing up before 3:45pm.
- The LSC Loading dock is available for loading and unloading only. A map to the loading dock will be included in your confirmation packet. Please do not block other vehicles, and remove your vehicle as quickly as possible to avoid ticketing. Vehicles may be parked a maximum of 20 minutes in the loading zone.
- All vendors are required to stay within a three feet radius of their tables and not solicit students more than three feet from the front of the table as this disrupts the traffic flow and is unfair to vendors at adjacent tables.
- Vendors are NOT permitted to play loud music or use airhorns/bullhorns/megaphones to attract customers as this disrupts the atmosphere of the event and is unfair to vendors at other tables.
- Unregistered vendors/solicitors are not allowed inside the ballroom. OCL staff will ask the solicitors to leave. If you see any solicitors or unregistered vendors inside the ballroom, please inform an OCL staff member.
- All decorations must meet minimum safety standards as interpreted by Environmental Health and Safety (CSU). Fire code prohibits the use of hay, straw, cornstalks, or other dry tinder in the ballroom.
- The use of nails, screws, or thumbtacks is prohibited in the ballroom. Please discuss with OCL staff the option of special rigging for hanging items.
- Any food items you plan to give away must be prepackaged and individually wrapped. Any vendor bringing food must note this on their registration.
- On the day of the Housing Fair, a complimentary continental breakfast will be provided for all vendors.
- Although there are places to eat around campus, you have the option of ordering a box lunch for $14 (see registration form for details). The OCL staff will deliver your lunch to you between 12:00 p.m. and 12:30 p.m.
1. To help ensure a good turnout, we encourage vendors to provide giveaways, goodies, and promotional items. However, please note that alcohol/controlled substance related giveaways are not allowed.
2. No fundraising or selling is permitted
2020 TENTATIVE FLOOR PLAN
All requests must be submitted on the Housing Fair Registration Form. Those vendors that specify requests by the Registration Deadline of January 24th, 2020, will be accommodated to the greatest extent possible by the OCL and LSC Event Planning staff. This set of guidelines and policies does not guarantee that vendor requests will be met regardless of when the vendor requests are made. OCL and the LSC assume no risk for lost or stolen items or for any personal injury while attending the Housing Fair. By registering for the Housing Fair, the vendor agrees that they have read and understand the above written policies, and they agree to abide by them. OCL Housing Fair staff reserves the right to remove any vendor or display that violates the guidelines & policies listed above or is not in keeping with the informational/educational purpose of the Housing Fair.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This event is an open house in the Lory Student Center Grand Ballroom that takes place every spring. It is an opportunity for students to do one stop shopping for places to live in Fort Collins. The Housing Fair brings together landlords, community resources and Colorado State University offices in order to inform students about housing options and how to successfully live off campus.
The Housing Fair will take place on Wednesday, February 5th from 9:00am until 4:00pm in the Grand Ballroom of the Lory Student Center at Colorado State University.
This year, we are expanding our Housing Fair to include housing and resources geared toward CSU faculty and staff along with students. As such, we will be designating vendors as Student-focused, Non-Student-focused, or both depending on the vendor’s primary target audience. When registering, you will be asked to designate who your target audience is for this event.
We do not have a specific theme. Use your imagination and put together an engaging booth based on your own inspiration. As always, please review the Policies and Guidelines on our website for acceptable displays.
We will be sending out Housing Fair information in December. If you do not receive the information or you do not believe that you are on our mailing list, please contact our office at (970) 491-2248 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that material be sent to you. We will need to know your Name, Company, Mailing Address, Phone Number, Fax Number, and E-Mail Address. You may also register by clicking here.
Registration fees are based on the number of table spaces you request starting at $395 (Early Bird pricing) for one full table (3′ X 6′). Special requests may require additional fees. You may register online. Registrations are not complete until all fees are paid.
The registration fee includes your paid table space, 2 chairs, a white tablecloth, 2 parking permits, balloons, and a continental breakfast. Additional chairs may be requested on the day of the fair. Full table dimensions are 3’ x 6’.
We have a completely online registration and payment process.
Following the completion of your registration, you will receive a confirmation email. Next, you will be prompted to the online payment portion of the site. Please note: If you do not complete the credit card payment, you will not be registered for the Housing Fair. A final receipt will be issued to you by email upon your completion of the payment process which confirms your full registration for the Housing Fair.
There are no other mandatory costs to the Housing Fair. Optional costs include:
- Internet Access – $35
- Electricity – no charge
- Box Lunches – $14 each
- Parking Permits – $13 extra for each additional permit above the two permits included in the registration fee
Off-Campus Life’s advertising staff produces eye-catching advertisements for the Housing Fair on and off campus. The staff puts out sign stands with balloons in the Lory Student Center and around campus, sends out posters to campus offices and other approved poster displays, and hangs large banners outside of the Clark building and in the Lory Student Center where over 20,000 people enter each day. Additionally, we put ads in the student newspaper (The Collegian) several weeks before the event. We also advertise with a full page, back cover ad, and a sticker on the front cover several days before the Housing Fair until the day of. We also have Housing Fair displays on all 123 residence hall floors and inside the display cases in the LSC. We advertise on our website in several locations, on the main CSU web page, on the plasma television run by Campus Information, and the University Calendar. We also have an ad on the inside of Transfort buses! What’s more, our social media staff works very hard to push this event and will consistently be reminding students to attend.
In the last five years, we have averaged over 2,000 people attending the Fair each year.
There is an early set-up time the day before the Housing Fair on Tuesday, February 4th from 3:00p.m. until 6:00p.m. You may also come and set-up the morning of the Housing Fair beginning at 7:30a.m.
Packaged and individually wrapped goods are no problem. Please contact Nancy Rhodes at (970)491-2248 if you have any questions.
Phone: (970) 491-2248
Fax: (970) 491-6196