How To Register your Party:
- Current students can register their parties.
- You will need to provide your address, the name of the host, two phone numbers, and 2 forms of IDs to confirm the party host is 18+ (State and Current Student ID).
- We will provide you with information about the Party Registration program, along with ways to have a successful party.
- You will need to sign a form acknowledging that you received all the information and that the information you provided is correct.
Examples of these forms are down below.
What Scenarios Could Happen During a Party?
- If a noise complaint is received by Police Dispatch, the party host could receive a call informing them about the complaint.
- If the host does not answer the call they will leave a message and call the second number.
- If the second number is not answered they will leave another message.
- From the time of the first phone call, the party host will have 20-minutes to break up their party.
- If a second noise complaint is received after the 20-minute grace period, dispatch will send an officer to the residence to deal with the noise.
- If there are any other problems, besides noise violations, then the 20 minutes warning does not apply.
Be Prepared...for fun, for safety, for the police!
Colorado State University and the City of Fort Collins have teamed up to launch an innovative program to address noise complaints. Party Registration offers CSU students who live off campus the ability to register their party at Off-Campus Life and possibly avoid fines. Fort Collins residents also have the ability to register throughout the city.
Benefits of the Program
- Saves party host money (fines), a criminal record, and possibly disciplinary actions held by CSU.
- Helps neighbors by taking care of noise and nuisance complaints quickly and efficiently.
- Saves the city resources by taking action quickly, and easily.
- Educates students about partying safely and responsibly; these students may avoid a noise ticket simply because they became a more “informed” party host by stopping in at Off-Campus Life.
Party Registration Form Example