Off-Campus Life Program Assistant
Job Title: Student Activities Clerk
Pay Rate: $8.83/hour
Hours: Varies Monday-Friday (office is open 8:00am-5:00pm)
Hours/Week: 12 hours minimum (occasional evenings and weekends)
Begin Date: ASAP
Program Assistant Position Description: The Program Assistant is responsible for maintaining organization within office programs and keeping track of key details such as room reservations, volunteer recruitment, ordering/maintaining supplies, printing and/or updating handouts, and assisting with website maintenance, including web advertising, and assistance with special projects.
Program Assistant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Room reservations for all events and meetings
- Manage Party Packs
- Match groups with projects for Fall Clean-Up and CSUnity
- Order food for all events and meetings
- Update apartment complex list
- Recruit and organize volunteers for events
- Request speakers for events
- Oversee and update office statistics
- Construct display cases
- Assist with RentalSearch web advertising
- Post to community and personal calendars
- Assist with maintenance of OCL website
- Assist with maintenance of student staff manual
- Update OCL calendar on website
- Assist Program Manager with various duties as assigned
- Special projects from professional staff members
Off-Campus Life – All Student Staff Responsibilities:
Provide exceptional customer service and accurate information to students regarding office services and programs, renting in the Fort Collins community, city codes and ordinances, building neighborhood relations, and more.
- General front desk/reception duties, including but not limited to answering phones, keeping stats, greeting/assisting customers, etc.
- Providing exceptional customer service to walk-in and telephone customers by providing information regarding office services and programming, renting in Fort Collins, etc.
- Working knowledge and application of Party Registration program, Rental Search, etc.
- Facilitate/present various office programs (Off-Campus Jeopardies, Roommate Roundups, etc.) and presentations (Orientations, OCL resources, etc.)
- Help create, plan, implement, and assess OCL large-scale programs
- All OCL staff are expected to work some evening and weekend commitments (includes Community Welcome – August; Fall Clean-up – November; Housing Fair – March; CSUnity – April)
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively both individually and on a team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a busy work environment
- Possess a commitment to working with diverse populations, identities and experiences
- Possess the desire to work with first-year students, transfer students and parents and family
- Excellent organizational skills with close attention to detail
- Event planning experience
- Knowledge of Off-Campus Life programs and events
- Experience presenting in front of groups of varying sizes
- Advanced writing skills
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Commitment to position for one year
Start Date: ASAP
How to Apply:
Please submit the following information to Lindsay Mason, Lindsay Mason@colostate.edu. Questions, please call Lindsay at (970)491-2248.
- Current resume
- Three (3) references (including emails and phone numbers)
- Letter or email stating your interest and specific qualifications for the position
- Fall semester class schedule and co-curricular commitments
- List of co-curricular commitments, anticipated internships, study abroad intentions, etc.